If you haven't received the joining instructions by email, please contact Mac Leonard or Ola Franklin. There will be different meeting details each Sunday. It is also possible to join the service by telephone.
Mac's notes on St Paul’s online services
- ‘Doors’ will open 15 minutes before the advertised time, the host will greet you, and there will be an opportunity to greet each other if you wish.
- All participants will be muted from two minutes before the start to allow time for private prayer and contemplation.
- The Service will begin at the advertised time. The ‘Participants’ list will be kept open for a few minutes in case there are late arrivals.
- Everyone will need to remain muted throughout the Service in order to avoid a delayed and uncoordinated feedback, particularly in the hymns. You will be unmuted to share in the Confession, the Creed and the Blessing.
- It’s suggested that you visit the icons in the top right-hand corner of your screen and click on the ‘Speaker View’ which will enable you to see both the PowerPoint and the person leading each part of the Service. If you wish to see everyone choose ‘Gallery View’ – you may not be able to see everyone at once because there is a limit to the number which can be viewed at any one time.
- I will share my screen so you can view the Service PowerPoint. There will be a cursor on your screen which will enable you to adjust your screen by moving it to the left to include both the PowerPoint and the video of the speaker or congregation.
- People taking a lead part in any way – Leading, Readings, Intercessions or the Talk are asked to unmute themselves in order to take their part and then mute themselves when they have finished. The ‘Host’ will click to advance the PowerPoint Slides.
- When the Service is over visit the icons in the top right-hand corner of your screen and click on to ‘Gallery View’ which will enable you to see everyone – there will then be time to chat and grab your coffee if you wish!
Recent Online Services
Links are to orders of service (which include links to videos) unless otherwise stated.
Online Worship Resources
Note: schedules may vary - please use the links to check in advance.
- Sunday Worship on BBC Radio 4 – Sunday morning (typically 08:10).
- Church online – Sunday at 09:00 – weekly streamed service from the Church of England, plus other worship resources.
- Service of Daily Prayer from the Church of England.
- Today’s Prayer - each day the Church of England publishes audio and text of the Prayer for the Day.
- Smart speaker apps – ask the Church of England for prayers, explanations of the Christian faith, location-based information about local church events and services, and more.
- Church is changing – resources for worship and ministry during the coronavirus pandemic from the Diocese of Chelmsford.
Live streaming services
Users can watch live streams of services from a range of churches.